128/138cm 70cm Novelty Relay
- This is a Child/Guardian Pairs Relay and will be run in accordance with Article 268 of the SJI Rules as a Normal Relay with the following modifications:
- The Child will compete mounted and the Guardian will compete on foot.
- Guardians are the choice of the competitor and should be 16 or over.
- The pony/rider combination will jump a single round of fences and will hand over to the Guardian who will complete the round on foot.
- The On Foot team member can incur penalties as a Mounted team member would. E.g. Obstacles must be cleared in the correct direction.
- Obstacles for On Foot members may not necessarily be fences but could instead be a required action before moving on to the next obstacle (this will be made clear at the course walk).
- The class is open to children 12 and under riding 128cm or 138cm ponies.
- Fences will be 60/70cm.
- Run outs or refusals will not incur additional penalties but will add to your time.
- A knock-down will incur a 5 second penalty per fence.
148cm Retiring Riders
- The Parade of Retiring Riders will be in the Main Indoor Arena.
- Riders should be on horseback (it does not need to be the pony competing in the Retiring Riders competition) and wearing formal riding clothes (i.e. not fancy dress).
- Riders will parade around the arena on horseback to music.
- Riders will then dismount in the warm-up arena (you should have someone on hand to hold your pony) and re-enter the arena on foot for the presentation of medals.
- Retiring riders is fancy dress and there will be prizes for best dressed.
- This class will be run as an individual 1m Table C Speed competition.
- Riders MUST use a 148cm pony. Horses, smaller ponies or any other type of animal will not be permitted to enter the warm-up or the arena under any circumstances.
- Access to the warm-up arena will be strictly restricted with only 6 competitors allowed in the arena at a time. Access will be in accordance with strict programme order and competitors further down the list will turned away.
- Maximum of 1 assistant per competitor allowed in the warm-up arena. Others will be requested to leave.
- Ponies MUST be fully tacked in accordance with normal SJI rules.
- Riders MUST wear riding helmets.
- Tack and rider’s attire will be inspected prior to entering the arena. Riders MUST co-operate with inspectors, failure to do so could lead to disqualification.
- Competitors will not be permitted back into the warm up arena on completion of their round.
- Competition will be run strictly in accordance with SJI rules.
- Competitors failing to adhere to the SJI Rules and/or Code of Conduct will face disciplinary action including a fine up to €250; this will be strictly enforced.
- Serious breaches of the rules, as determined by the Ground Jury, will result in Disqualification of the rider from the remainder of the event (event meaning all 3 days; i.e. disqualified competitors cannot compete on Sunday). If Disqualified, entry fees for remaining classes will not be refunded.
- The Committee reserve the right to refuse entries or admission without reason.